Art Space Portsmouth International Artist's Residency

The 2009 residency has been awarded to Frauke Materlik (Germany).

The three-month Art Space Portsmouth International Artist's Residency is aimed at emerging fine artists with some experience of professional practice who may have had limited exposure in the UK and whose work is engaged with contemporary debate within the international art world.

Frauke will arrive in September 2009. Please follow her journey here:

Wednesday 16 December 2009

leaving Portsmouth....


Packing, finding storage space, leaving my studio. It's been a fantastic autumn, and I'm already looking forward to coming back next year. The next months I'll be busy preparing for my show with Aspex. I'm excited!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frauke - It is so great to see this blog and to get a real feeling for how your research progressed duing the residency. Your photographs are very beautiful - it is surprising how different Portsmouth looks through your eyes. I was struck by the photographs of the latex casting event and think that I like them as much as the object itself. Warm wishes for 2010 from chilly Portsmouth! Andrea